Sweepstakes Official Rules
“$1000 Board Game” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUES PARTICIPANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE "OFFICIAL RULES". VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The “$1000 Board Game” Sweepstakes (herein referred to as the “Sweepstakes”) begins on or about 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 11, 2020 ("Start Date") and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 10, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by TPKC Marketing, LLC PO Box 197 Botkins, Ohio 45306 (the “Sponsor” and “Prize Supplier”). The official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes is the computer of the Sponsor.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (exceptions-must be 19 years of age or older for those that reside in states of Alabama, Nebraska, and 21 years of age or older in state of Mississippi) as of the date of entry. Officers, members, directors, representatives and employees of the Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, dealers, franchisees, licensees, distributors, suppliers, subsidiaries, participating retailers, advertising / promotion/judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes, Compliance Sweepstakes Services, LLC (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, - whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) of such individuals, or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law, regulation or ordinance.
III. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: An individual will be deemed a participant ("Participant") in the Sweepstakes if they are eligible and enter the Sweepstakes via any of the following three (3) entry methods: 1) Purchase Sponsor Merchandise: Visit www.unboxandgame.com ("Website") and complete a purchase during the Promotion Period. For each dollar spent via approved credit card transaction, the Participant will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Participant will need to provide the following information: first and last name, home address, telephone number, and e-mail address; or, 2) Enroll in a club membership package: Visit www.unboxandgame.com ("Website") and enroll in one of the three (3) club membership packages: VIP (https://www.unboxandgame.com/vip-membership), Gold (https://www.unboxandgame.com/gold-vip-membership), or Platinum (https://www.unboxandgame.com/platinum-vip-membership). Each of the aforementioned memberships offers various discounts and Sweepstakes entries which are detailed associated URLs that follow the respective membership package. Upon enrolling in one of the club memberships, the Participant will receive the associated number of Sweepstakes entries per the club membership selected. Participant will need to provide the following information: first and last name, home address, telephone number, and e-mail address; or, 3) Via Mail: Participant can enter by hand writing on a 3”x 5” card: “$1000 Board Game" Sweepstakes entry, your first and last name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, e-mail address and date of birth. Insert the card in a standard business-size envelope, with hand written return address including first and last name and complete mailing address on front of the envelope, and mail to: CSS / “$1000 Board Game” Sweepstakes, 326 Thornell Road CBX-500 Pittsford, NY 14534. Each valid mail-in entry will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. All mail-in entries must include all requested information and format (as stated above) to be considered a valid entry. Bulk shipments (multiple entries in one shipping package) will not be accepted, and will be destroyed. Limit one (1) mail-in entry per envelope. Mail-in entries must be postmarked between March 11, 2020 and June 10, 2020, and must be received by June 16, 2020. Requests for confirmation of receipt of mail-in entries will not be acknowledged. Mail-in entries must be original; no photo copies, facsimiles or reproductions of a mail-in entry will be accepted.
Limit - three hundred (300) Sweepstakes entries per person per segment (30 day entry period) during the Promotion Period regardless of method of entry. All required information must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Internet entries must be made by the Participant only at the aforementioned Website(s) and application URL addresses. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including, but not limited to, commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of a Participant that Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with, influence or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Sweepstakes. Proof of entering information is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of an entry. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited and no mechanically reproduced entries are allowed; all such entries are void. Released Parties are not responsible for: lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, damaged, delayed, garbled, undelivered, misdirected, or postage-due registrations, entries or mail, which will be disqualified. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned
If a Participant opts to enter via his/her wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phones capabilities for specific instructions.
- INTERNET LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm, or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, government regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the prizes using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of or after (if applicable) this termination or suspension date. Any person who supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer (or any information/material stored therein) relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- PRIZES: There will be three (3) Grand Prizes available to be awarded; one (1) prize each segment (30 day period) during the Promotion Period. Each Grand Prize Winner will receive a $1000 gift certificate at either Cool Stuff Inc., Cardhaus Games, or Game Nerdz; each respective winner will select his/her preferred retail store. The gift certificate will provide each winner the opportunity to choose merchandise desired. Prize winner is subject to gift certificate terms and conditions. The Total Prize Pool value is $3,000.
VII. WINNER SELECTION: Each Grand Prize winner (each a "Prize Winner") will be selected from among all eligible entries received, in a series of random drawings, by Compliance Sweepstake Services (“Administrator”), an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and not subject to challenge and/or appeal in all matters relating to this Promotion. Administrator will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner per month on or about the following dates: April 18, 2020 (from entries received thru 4/10/20 and mail entries postmarked by 4/10/20 and received by 4/16/20), May 18, 2020 (from entries received between 4/11/20 and 5/10/20 and mail entries postmarked between 4/11/20 and 5/11/20 and received by 5/16/20), and June 18, 2020 (from entries received between 5/11/20 and 6/10/20 and mail entries postmarked between 5/11/20 and 6/10/20 and received by 6/16/20). Odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the respective random drawing. The Grand Prize winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail. Upon initial notification and verification of the Grand Prize winners, confirmation will be sent to each Prize Winner via email, or other home delivery service of Sponsor’s choice.
VIII. PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations Prize Winner will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity, W9 tax form, and provide proof of identity (collectively, the “Prize Acceptance Release”), and return it within seven (7) days of written notification or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner selected, time-permitting. If a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within three (3) calendar days from the first notification attempt, if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, and/or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected for the prize at issue. To claim a prize, you will be required to provide your correct full-name, mailing address, date of birth, telephone number and/or e-mail address. The Prize Acceptance Release is subject to verification by Sponsor and all potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
The Sponsor and Released Parties have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize awarded and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND either expressed or implied. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable or transferable, except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. There are no substitutions unless specified by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute any prize (or prize component) with another prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value. The Administrator is not the prize supplier. Prize may be fulfilled by a third party. The Sponsor and Released Parties are not in any way responsible or liable for damages resulting from shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes.
Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. The stated “ARV” of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor, and any difference in ARV at the time of awarding will not be awarded, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Prize Winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number (as the ARV of the prize is equal or greater than $600) before a prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the respective Grand Prize winner for the total ARV of the Grand Prize, as stated above, in the calendar year the prize was won. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
Each winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsor to use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and address (city and state) for any and all public relations, advertising and/or promotional purposes as determined by Sponsor, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), in perpetuity, without notice, consent, review or approval or further compensation.
- MODIFICATION: In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. If for any reason Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is no longer capable of running as intended by these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend, postpone, delay or modify the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, including, but not limited to, any occurrences described in section V above, or any other causes which may corrupt or impair the integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor determines that more prize claims are submitted or more prize notices are distributed than the number of prizes offered in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. For example, Sponsor may select a winner in a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or conducted a random drawing among all prize claimants, and neither Sponsor nor any of the Released Parties shall have any further liability to any Participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
- RELEASES: All participants, as a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes, agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless Sponsor and Released Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, injuries or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sponsor's Website; (b) participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize or Sweepstakes-related activity, including, without limitation, any injury, damage, death, loss or accident to person or property; (c) the receipt, ownership, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded; (d) viruses or any downloading or other problems with the Sweepstakes Application, or; (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize, except for any express manufacturer's warranty as may be included with the prize. Each Prize Winner bears all liability and risk of loss or damage to his/her respective prize after it has been delivered.
XII. OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES REQUEST: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a request specifying Official Rules along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by June 10, 2020 and received by June 16, 2020 and mail to: “$1000 Board Game” Sweepstakes Official Rules, 44 Flanders Road Stonington, CT 06378.
XIII. WINNERS LIST REQUEST: To request confirmation of the name and city/state of residence for the prize winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope, by July 30, 2020, to: “$1000 Board Game” Sweepstakes Winners List, 44 Flanders Road Stonington, CT 06378. Requests received after July 30, 2020 will not be acknowledged or returned.
XIV. SPONSOR: TPKC Marketing, LLC PO Box 197 Botkins, Ohio 45306.
- ADMINISTATOR: Compliance Sweepstakes Services 44 Flanders Road Stonington, CT 06378